in my last post i had this to leave you guys with:
when people come along and say God doesn’t want you to be alone… well why won’t he answer my prayers? my faith has been rocked several times and it’s just hard to have faith in times like I’m having now . if I am meant to be happy why is it i can not be happy?
over this last weekend I decided to do some searching, a task to look into what im missing and it required me to go into my past and examine where it started to go wrong. and i needed some help. so I started searching the interwebs for something that might catch my attention and i came across this video on youtube…
now this video has two important things to note.
1. I found out an old childhood friend of mine has become a pastor and it lit a smile on my face to see this.
2. his message really hit home. go to his site if you want to read the whole message.
now I very rarely talk about my religious views especially on the internet where its full of people just itching to troll sites.
the warning is here… this post is not about whether I believe or not nor is it about whether I think im right and everyone else is wrong. I am not questioning anyone else’s faith or lack there of. If you believe in God and truly believe you know he gave us the free will to make our choices and if you don’t believe in God you still believe you are able to make your own choices.
I have always believed in God, that has never changed, however I have not really lived a very christian lifestyle. I am slowly working my self into a better person. and this last weekend was a light bulb moment. In Jeremiah’s message he said:
He is not a god who is aloof and distant somewhere in the clouds…
- He is the God who promised to never leave them, nor forsake them, Heb. 13:5
- The God who is even right now in their midst
- The God who is searching their hearts, Rev. 2:23
Honesty often hurts. Whether it’s being honest about yourself to somebody else…or being honest to somebody else about them. It’s hard to be “humblyhonest” to others regarding things we see in their life that might need improvement, and so most of the time, we choose the road with least resistance and keep our mouths shut.
1. “I know“
- I know your works…(2:2, 9, 13, 19) His eyes of fire see what you do for Him that nobody else sees.
- Where you live (13) (tough neighborhood, family life, roommate…)
- What you are going through (9)
- What you are about to go through, (10) and I know how it all ends
2. And He says, “I will give to each one of you according to your works” (vs. 23)“I WILL GIVE” (vs. 7, 10, 17, 23, 28)
- Promise to the churches and to each of us as individuals (each one of you)…
- When you live for Christ, He promises over and over in His Word to bless you
- Hebrews 11:6, “…He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him…”
- Doesn’t necessarily mean physical blessings
- Sometimes He blesses you with an overwhelming sense of peace // or joy // contentment