its been snowing like this all day and its suppose to keep snowing for awhile!
i can hear it!!
if you are over the age of 20 you arnt suppose to be able to hear the tone
its called the mosquito ringtone or Teen Buzz
The principle behind Teen Buzz is a biological reality that audiologists can refer to as presbycusis, or aging ear. Starting at around age 20, scientists say, the human ear loses its ability to hear tones in the highest human-range frequencies (18-20 kHz), and as one ages, it becomes more difficult to detect these sounds.
thats right they are so bad ass i have to share them …
* 3 pounds beef chuck roast
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 1/2 cups beef broth
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 2 cups sour cream
* 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
* 1 cup oil for frying
* 20 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1. Place roast in a large saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Pour in water, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Increase heat to medium/high, and brown the roast on all sides. Once the water has boiled away, pour in the beef broth, vinegar, chili powder and 1 tablespoon of cumin. Cover tightly and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef falls apart when you try to pick it up. Shred the beef, using 2 forks or your fingers. Place shredded beef back into the saucepan with all the juices, and let cool to room temperature.
2. In a large skillet, saute the onion until just soft, not browned. Mix in flour and green chilies. Stir constantly for 2 minutes to cook the flour taste out. Stir in sour cream and 2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese. Cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the cheese is all melted and mixed. Set aside and let cool.
3. In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. Using tongs dip the tortillas, one at a time, into the oil for 30 seconds each side. Drain on paper towels.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread 4 tablespoons of sour cream mixture down the center of the tortilla. Top with about the same amount of beef. Roll up and place seam side down in one or two 8×11 inch baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Continue until you are out of the filling. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
the closer it gets to Xmas the more like scrooge I feel. I’m starting to feel alot like one of my favorite comic characters Brent sienna
as the time goes my “Xmas spirit” seems like it gets smaller and smaller. I get sick of all the fake smiles and Xmas cheer it sickens me. Because I know as soon as the holidays are over the smiles and cheer dissipates into nothing and it all goes back to everyone just caring about no one but them selves.
What is it about the holiday season that has ppl thinking that one good deed a year will save them from Eternal Damnation?
i find it disappointing that ppl will pour out the cash for charities this time of year but during the rest of the year they act like you just asked them to hand you a kidney or something. now I’m no saint thats for sure, but i do donate at least a dollar a week to our literacy fund at work and I have been since I started there 6 months ago and i plan on continuing to donate. its just something i believe in is the ability to read! i donated to it while i was in college at the library and even thought I’ve donated small change it helps.
I’m not trying to say that ppl shouldn’t donate during the holiday season, but maybe they should try and donate to noteworthy charities through out the year even if its just a few pennies here and there.
now how long would this last and to think ppl actually buy this stuff
the answer should be no i don’t support it. if you are an illegal, unless you have been given permission to study here, you don’t qualify for federal student aid!
Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor who backed in-state tuition for the children of illegal immigrants, hedged Sunday on whether illegal immigrants who have gone to school in the United States should become eligible for federal student aid such as Pell grants and subsidized federal student loans.